The following new features apply compared to the predecessor program Imagine:
- There are no more restrictions regarding the authorized users: All university members can use the program within the framework of the license guidelines for teaching and study.
- Authentication is no longer carried out with the university ID but in two stages using a Microsoft ID and the university e-mail address.
- In addition to the software download, you can also use various Microsoft cloud services in the new portal.
To register for the new portal for the first time, proceed as follows:
- Open the page https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools and select Sign In.
- Log in with your Microsoft ID (if you don't have one yet, you can create one). Do not use the university ID!)
- If you are asked whether it is a personal account or a business or school account, choose Personal Account.
- After successfully logging in with the Microsoft ID, you will be asked to identify yourself as a university member using your university e-mail address. You will then receive an e-mail with a link to activate the portal.
Tip: To access the software download at any time, set a favorite in the portal as follows:
- Select in the left menu of the portal: All services.
- Enter Education in the search field
- Activate the Favorites (click on the asterisk), then the entry Education will appear permanently in the left menu.