InDi Continuing Education

Continuing Education at the Environment Campus Birkenfeld

We offer a variety of courses in the context of our continuing education program. Many courses are also open for English-speaking participants.
There are some restrictions for beginner’s courses where the teaching language is mostly German (courses on A1 & A2 level), but a little German is also useful for advanced classes.  Please also check the entry level of the respective courses to make sure that you have the required level. 

Due to the current situation our courses will start virtually. As soon as on-site courses are allowed we will switch over to hybrid or on-site teaching.

Courses start in the week of 12-16 April 2021. Courses run until 9 July 2021, exams may take place after that.

For students at Trier University of Applied Sciences

This semester, participating in our continuing education program is quite easy for students at Trier University of Applied Sciences. Simply register via StudIP and tell your lecturer that you are taking this course as a continuing education course and do NOT  want to count it towards your degree. You will receive a continuing education certificate after you finish the course. All courses are free of charge for students at Trier University of Applied Sciences.

Registration for all courses starts on 12 April 2021.

    For members of staff at Trier University of Applied Sciences and external participants

    Members of staff at Trier University of Applied Sciences and external participants can participate in our continuing education program as non-enrolled students. All you need to do is register via our "Gasthörer-Programm" (more information on the program here). To register, simply fill in this registration form. If you need help with the German registration form, please check out this guideRegistration is open until 12 April 2021.

    Please consider the following points when filling in the form: 

    Please write "Weiterbildung Sprache & Kommunikation" as the course of studies.

    Please indicate the following information under "2.  Gewünschte Lehrveranstaltungen" (your desired courses):

    1. "Lehrveranstaltungen lt. Curricula": Please indicate course number AND course title (highlighted with blue in the course list).
    2. "Anzahl der Wochenstunden": Please indicate the number of weekly hours (2 or 4 SWS) (highlighted in the course list).
    3. "Name des Dozenten": Please indicate the name of the instructor (highlighted in the course list).

    The costs are listed on the second page of the form; you will also find the bank account for the transfer there. 

    Please send the filled-in and signed form together with a proof of payment as well as a copy of the most recent document indicating your educational background (high school leaving certificate, B.A., etc.) to sk-weiterbildung(at)

    What is my language level?

    Cornelsen offers some tests that are free of charge and which may help you find your language level: - they have tests for German, English, French, and Spanish. Please be honest to yourself as you might end up in a course that does not suit you.

    Trier University of Applied Sciences is not responible for this external offer. 



    Enhance your key qualifications and obtain a Continuing Education certificate! If you have further questions, please e-mail us at sk-weiterbildung(at)

    Registration is no longer possible for the summer semester.

    Please note that the registration website is in German - if you have any problems registering just mail us at the address above.

    We are looking forward to welcoming you as participants in our program!

    back-to-top nach oben