The introduction week Flying Days for first year students of the environmental campus Birkenfeld offers a variety of orientational and informational events, such as:
- Introduction of the most important offices and contact persons on the campus
- An introduction to academic work and study (studying – the right way)
- A campus tour as well as an introduction to using the library
At the heart of this week is your participation in the workshops on offer, which will give you the chance to meet your fellow students.
Please join us for the welcome event in the communication building (building 9938) on the 24th of September at 9am.
Please note that participation in the Flying Days is mandatory for all first-year bachelor students.
Should you have any questions concerning the Flying Days, write us an e-mail on flyingdays(at)umwelt-campus.de
The following workshops will be offered as part of the Flying Days.
- 3D modeling
- HTML and CSS - web programming and sustainability
- Construction and additive manufacturing
- Process engineering workshop
- Natural cosmetics
- Upcycling in housekeeping
- Sustainability in the kitchen, bathroom and in housekeeping
- Cultural cooking and baking
- Sustainable Cooking and baking
- Cocktails and smoothies
- Sports around the campus
- Sustainability & Bible
- Digital music production
- GreenCampusRadio - your radio around the environmental campus Birkenfeld
- End 10:39 - The theater company
- Happy starling - we build birdhouses
- sektIn - the insect hotel
- Furniture made of europallets
- Information boards
- Hiking and cleaning the forest
- National park
- Fotowalk National Park