Alumni of applied computer science have the option to work in all areas that handle data processing. The ideal field for graduates is in computerized adaptation of complex problems in the application areas. The development of so-called "future technologies" in the engineering sciences, physics and the life sciences, as well as a more complex networking of the economic systems opens a broad and dynamic occupation field, which will expand further in the next years.
Graduates have the opportunity to obtain jobs in commercial business enterprises, in the service sector, in searching and producing industrial companies, in banking, in civil service, and private or public institutions to convert and develop computer-based technologies.
Already computer-assisted simulations, simulated production flows, in silico experiments and procedures are used today for the data forecast in different areas, due to rising costs and time constraints, as well as an increasing lack of resources. Therefore, the activity profile of graduates goes far beyond pure application of software solutions.
Aside from traditional IT companies graduates can find jobs in the following areas:
- Environmental and energy industry
- Vehicle and automotive industry
- International machine- and plant engineering, automation technology
- Engineer and planning offices (factory planning and organisation)
- Physics, chemistry and material sciences
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Biotechnology enterprise
- Food industry, animal and plant breeding
- Traffic control and monitoring
- Air and space technology
- Logistics and sistribution
- Banks and insurance
- Management consultations
- Research and development companies
- Institutes and universities, research establishments