Applications with an international degree:
Applicants who are in possession of a degree received at an institution of higher education outside of Germany must submit their application for review of university entrance qualification to the service facility uni-assist in Berlin. Applying directly to the Hochschule Trier via the online portal is not possible.
Please forward your application to:
+49 30 666 44 390
Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm
Telefon: +49 30 666 44 345
Uni Assist does not provide on-site consultation.
The universities are solely responsible for student counseling
Uni Assist will provide answers to questions regarding preliminary examinations of the application documents either by telephone or via the contact form.
Please have your application number ready when you call us regarding specific questions about your application.
Deadlines for Applications:
Applications for all courses offered in the winter semester 2016/17
Application deadline is 15 July, 2016
Missing documents may be submitted by 15 August, 2016.
Checklist for documents submitted together with the application document:
certified copy or transcript of the university entrance qualification from country of residence and transripts of individual grades as well a legally certified German translations of said documents.
Applicants who have already completed a degree course must forward legally certified copies or translations of proof of their studies (original transcripts, official clearance)
Certificate of Academic Evaluation (Chinese applicants only)
Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language, current residence permit
Als Deutschnachweis werden anerkannt:
Proof of knowledge of the German language:
German Language Certificate of the Standing Conference oft he Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs oft he Länder in der Federal Republic of Germany, Level II.
German language proficiency examination, minimum level: DSH 2
Exam: German as a foreign language for foreign appliants (TestDaF). The applicant must paa all four parts of the exam with a grad 4 TestDaF level or above.
Feststellungsprüfung: Exam which testifies to a student’s knowledge and ability to take up a degree course of study at a university in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Das Große und das Kleine Deutsche Sprachdiplom (GDS and KDS) as well as the certificate C1 and the ZOP Certificate (Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung) oft he Goethe Institute.
German Language Exam Level II of the Munich Institute of Language and Interpreting (Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München).
Important Information for sending your Application
Only legally certified copies or transcripts of original documents can be accepted. Please do not forward original documents. Documents can be legally certified by any public authority which carries an official seal, e.g. government agencies and rectories, with the exception of chancelleries, accounting firms, unincorporated associations and clubs.
Documents written in a language other than German can only be accepted if they have been translated by a legally certified translator.
Please click here for applying online
Application documents / Checklist
- Complete Curriculum Vitae
- Legally attested copy or transcript of university entrance qualification certificate from country of residence and a copy of, or transcript of individual grades as well as legally certified German translation of said document
- In cases where the applicant has already graduated from an institution of higher education: please submit a verification of studies (transcript of grades, certificate of non-objection) legally certified and translated into the German language
- Certificate from the examination office (only for Chinese applicants).
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language
- Valid authorisation of residency
The following documents will be accepted as proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language:
- German Language Certificate (Ministry of Education) (Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz) -Level II-. For further information please go here
- German language proficiency examination, minimum level: DSH 2 (Zeugnis der Deutschen Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH), mindestens DSH 2.
- Exam: German as a foreign language for foreign applicants (TestDaF). The applicant must pass all four parts of the exam, with a grade of TestDaF-Level 4 or above. For further infoemation please go here
- 'Feststellungsprüfung': Exam which testifies to a student's knowledge and ability to take up a course of study at a university in the Federal Republic of Germany
- 'Große und das Kleine Deutsche Sprachdiplom (GDS and KDS) as well as the certificate ZOP (Zentralen Oberstufenprüfung) of the Goethe Institute. For further information of please consult the pages of the Goethe Insitute
- German Language Exam Level II of the Munich Institute of Language and Interpreting (Sprachen- und Dolmestscher-Institut München). For more information please visit the SDI
Important Information for your Application
Documents can only be accepted if they have been legally certified and submitted as a copy of, or transcript. Please do not send in original documents. Documents can be legally attested at any public authority, which carries an official seal, e.g. government agencies or rectories, with the exception of chancelleries, accounting firms, unincorporated associations and clubs.
Documents in a language other than German can only be accepted if a legally certified translator has translated them.
Revision of foreign transcripts and certificates
Trier University of Applied Sciences charges a fee 50.00 Euros for the revision of the Higher Education Entrance Qualification submitted by foreign applicants.
Approval of admission and enrolment will be processed only after the Umwelt-Campus Birkenfeld of the Trier University of Applied Sciences has received the fee of 50.00 Euros and all application documents have been submitted in full.
Applicants are exempted from the fee in the following cases:
- Stipendiaries of a German or international scholarship foundation, e.g. DAAD
- Applicants who do not wish to graduate from Trier University of Applied Sciences and would like to enrol within the framework of a bi- or multilateral exchange agreement between Trier University of Applied Sciences and one of its partner universities, as well as ERASMUS students
- Foreign students who are already enrolled at a German university and would like to continue their studies at Trier University of Applied Sciences in the same discipline and branch of studies
- Applicants whose prior verification of education have already been accredited by a German, non-univeristy(!) authority
The University will not send a request for payment. Students are required to transfer the aforementioned fee when submitting the online application to the following account:
Recipient: Landeshochschulkasse Mainz
Name of bank: Deutsche Bundesbank Filiale Mainz
Account number: 550 01511
Bank Sort Code: 550 000 00
IBAN: DE25 5500 0000 0055001511
BIC: MARKDEF 1550
Reason for bank transfer: 6671-0966-BIR 11113/02
"Surname, First name, Date of birth"
This fee will be charged in addition to the regular semester fee.
Applicants, who would like to request the revision of their Higher Education Entrance Qualification to a Bachelor's degree course outside of the regular application period, also have to transfer the aforementioned amount to this bank account. In this case, the following documents also have to be submitted:
- Legally certified copy of or transcript of university entrance qualification certificate from country of residence and a copy of or transcript of individual grades as well as legally certified German translation of said documents
- In the event that the applicant has already graduated from an institution of higher education: please submit a verification of studies (transcript of grades, certificate of non-objection) legally certified and translated into the German language
Please send these documents - with the request of revision - to the adjacent address. Applicants will then receive a notification of admission or notification of rejection . This notification can be submitted in the ensuing application period. In this case, a further revision will not be necessary.
Please note: Outside of the regular application period, Trier University will only review the validity of Higher Education Entrance Qualification for Bachelor's degree courses.
Online-Application / Enrollment
Please follow this link to our Online-Application / Enrolment.
+49 6782 17-1826
Monday and Thursday
10:00 am - 01:30 pm
07:30 am to 10:00 am
01:00 pm to 05:00 pm
Consulting Service by phone
Monday and Thursday:
08:00 am to 09:45 am
01:00 pm to 03:00 pm
10.00 am to 12.00 am
Trier University of Applied Sciences
Environmental Campus Birkenfeld
Post Office Box 13 80
Campusallee Building 9924,