Economic and Environmental Law
Standard Duration: 7 semesters
Degree: Bachelor of Laws (LL. B.)
This Bachelor's Degree provides graduates with an excellent foundation to obtain further qualifications through postgraduate studies. At the Environmental Campus graduates can apply to one of the following Master's Degree Programmes:
- European Economic Law Degree: Master of Laws (LL. M.)
- Environmental and Business Economics Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- International Material Flow Management Degree: Master of Science (M. Sc.)
- International Material Flow Management Degree: Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)
- Insolvency Law and Reorganisation Procedures Degree: Master of Law (LL. M.)
In the fifth semester, students can choose between a practice-oriented project phase and an exchange semester. Based on the theoretical background obtained in previous semesters, students can gain practical experience and skills during the sixteen-week long project phase. Finding resolutions to problems in the areas of economic and corporate law under the guidance of a supervisor will familiarise students with the realities of the industry and link theoretical knowledge with hands-on experience.
Students who decide to participate in an exchange semester spend their fifth semester at a university abroad. The university supports students in all aspects of this, for example through language courses and by offering a large number of partner universities to choose from.
At the end of the seventh semester, students complete their Bachelor's thesis. Students compose a dissertation independetly on a complex, and possibly interdisciplinary, topic within a period of nine weeks.