The Environmental Campus Birkenfeld is a Campus of Trier University of Applied Sciecnes.
Please click on the logo if you wish to visit the Website of Trier University of Applied Sciences.
Planning for the future with tradition
In the 19th century, the University of Applied Sciences of Trier used to have two institutions in the middle of Trier, at the Paulusplatz and the Irminienfreihof, the School of Trade and the School of Arts. As early as 1830, the School of trade was dedicated to the education of architects and construction engineers. Our current departmental structure Design is based on the former School of Arts.
In 1971, when the University of Applied Sciences of Rhineland-Palatinate was founded, those two schools were integrated into the new University of Applied Sciences of Rhineland-Palatinate as the department Trier. As a result of fast growing student numbers, the downtown locations were no longer sufficient. At the start of winter semester 1978/80, the university moved to the campus at the Schneidershof above the roofs of Trier. Since 1996 the University of Applied Sciences of Trier has been an independent university and has been growing to a school with three locations in Trier, Birkenfeld and Idar-Oberstein focusing on the future.
For its 30th anniversary in 2001, the “old” down-town Trier locations were revived – the fashion designers moved to the renovated premises at the Irminenfreihof. Additionally, following extensive renovations, the Communication Design and Interior Architecture are once again located at the Paulusplatz.