Corona virus: contactless services
From 4 May 2020 the library will be open again for you with restrictions. However, we ask you to visit the library only in extremely important cases and to use our contactless services instead:
- Information and general advice
If you have any questions please contact us by e-mail (bibliothek[at]umwelt-campus.de) or by phone (06782 17-1477).
- Print stock: Lending of books
It is possible to send you books from our stock free of charge by mail. You will have to bear the costs for a return mailing of the media. Please contact bibliothek[at]umwelt-campus.de.
- Print stock: Copies of journal articles
Articles from print magazines will be copied for you and sent by e-mail as an internal delivery service (under consideration of the copyright law). Please contact bibliothek[at]umwelt-campus.de.
- Interlibrary loan: Borrowing books and ordering copies of sections or articles
The interlibrary loan service is again available to a limited extent. You can order the desired media and copies of articles as usual via the DigiBib. As some libraries are currently not yet accessible, the proportion of orders that cannot be fulfilled will be higher than usual. Longer delivery times must also be expected.
Instructions for interlibrary loan can be found on our interlibrary loan information page. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact our interlibrary loan team (fernleihe[at]umwelt-campus.de).
- Advice: scientific writing (research, citation, Citavi, etc.)
Use the writing advice service of the Trier University of Applied Sciences (schreibmentor[at]umwelt-campus.de) or contact our staff member Dr. Stefan Bagusche (s.bagusche[at]umwelt-campus.de) by e-mail.
Corona virus: Research for online full texts
For you literature research, the library catalogue is still available. Books from our print stock will be sent to you by mail for loan, articles from our print journals as copies by e-mail (see emergency service). Furthermore, you have the possibility to use online sources:
- Licensed databases (with current additional services):
- The databases licensed by the Trier University of Applied Sciences are accessible via VPN or campus computers.
- The databases beck-online and beck-eLibrary also be used via VPN until further notice (free registration is required: instruction here).
- In addition, the Springer Nature publishing group has released over 500 English and German textbooks via the SpringerLink database (→ VPN, → Shibboleth) (multidisciplinary). Further titles are to follow (current title lists here).
- In addition to the Business Source Premier database, the provider EBSCO Information Services has activated two search options: Academic Search Ultimate (multidisciplinary) and Business Source Ultimate (economics). Access is possible via VPN and until the end of July. The selection can be viewed via "Choose Databases".
- Open access sources:
- Via research portals and scientific search engines you can search for freely accessible full texts (subject-specific or multidisciplinary).
- The publishing house JSTOR offers access to over 50 Open Access journals and 6,000 Open Access e-books (multidisciplinary).
- Metasearch tools:
- Freely accessible specialist databases can be found using the database information system DBIS and the OpenDOAR directory, among others.
- Open Access journals can be searched via the Electronic Journals Library EZB or the directory DOAJ .
- Bibs vs. virus: A DBIS special page lists links to publishing house offers that have been unlocked due to the Covid-19 pandemic (categories: "free on the web", "free information about Covid-19" and "extended offer with existing license"). These include numerous offers for campus-relevant subject areas.
Test access: JSTOR Sustainability and Arts & Sciences Collections
As of 08 Jun 2020, all members of the Environmental Campus can use full text collections of the JSTOR organization. The test access is limited to 30 days and possible via campus computers or VPN.
The offer includes:
- JSTOR Sustainability Collection
Journals, e-books and research reports in the field of sustainability. Topics such as 'resilience' and 'sustainability' are presented in detail, and research on environmental and social impacts is covered.
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences Archive Journal Collections
Fifteen archived journal collections covering over 60 disciplines in the humanities, social and natural sciences, including economics and law.
Carry out your research via: