Coronavirus COVID-19

What do I have to consider if I plan to go abroad? (Outgoing)

Planning is currently running rather 'normal'. But be sure to plan early as well - as always! Entering a country for study purposes is possible in many countries. However, it is imperative that you inform yourself individually about the conditions that will prevail in the target country and at the target university in good time before starting a stay abroad for study purposes. As the situation can change, please make sure to note the relevant current recommendations and travel warnings from the Federal Foreign Office before starting your trip: (in German). 

Stay healthy!

More details:

What do I have to know as an international student planning to study at UCB? (Incoming)

We are happy to welcome international students to Trier University of Applied Sciences - please plan to come to Germany to take up your studies. International students can return to Germany from many countries to attend on-site events at Trier University of Applied Sciences. Entry for study purposes is generally considered a sufficient reason for entry. Since the situation can change, please note the relevant current recommendations and travel warnings from the Federal Foreign Office regarding the entry requirements: (in German) and Information on entry restrictions and quarantine regulations in Germany.

Information on the current measures at the university on our website at

What effect does the corona crisis have on residence regulations for international students? + FINANCIAL OPTIONS

What effect does the corona crisis have on residence regulations for international students?
Due to the Corona crisis, international students are currently affected by travel and residence restrictions in addition to financial and social burdens. To ease the situation, the Federal Ministry of the Interior has now given new recommendations to the immigration authorities. International students can expect the regulations that are normally applicable to be relaxed when extending residence permits, searching employment opportunities to secure their livelihood, and in cases of short-term mobility.

>>> INTERIM FINANCIAL AID for students in a corona-related emergency <<<
A grant up to 500 euros per month, to be applied for each month.
>>> Application: www.überbrü in English) <<<

additional information and additional option for financial aid in German:

Infos bzgl. Aufenthaltserlaubnis / in Birkenfeld: Ausländer- und Asylrecht
(Falls Sie sich sorgen über Abs. 2 Satz 4 "angemessener Zeitraum": Keine Panik! Hier wird es Lösungen geben!)

FINANZIELLE UNTERSTÜTZUNG  bei Verlust des Jobs wegen Corona:
Studierende des UCB, die mindestens im 3. Semester sind und durch die Coronapandemie in finanzielle Not geraten sind, können eine Einmalzahlung von bis zu 300 Euro erhalten.
   Der Antrag ist per Post (nach Trier!) einzureichen beim swt = Studierendenwerk Trier.
   Das Antragsformular und den Kontakt finden Sie hier:
   Reichen Sie ein: 1. Antrag. (Auf jeden Fall per Post!) 2. Nachweis, dass Sie die letzten drei Monate gearbeitet hatten. (Gehaltsnachweis!) 3. Nachweis, dass Sie wg. Corona den Job verloren haben. (Kündigungsschreiben o.ä.) 4. Aktueller Kontoauszug des letzten Monats. (Als Nachweis, dass Sie WIRKLICH in finanzieller Not sind!)
Beachten Sie grundsätzlich auch die weiteren Unterstützungsmöglichkeiten des swt wie z.B. das Überbrückungsdarlehen.

Ausführliche Informationen zu den Möglichkeiten KfW-Kredit und Überbrückungshilfe des BMBF:


Please have always a look on the German webpages with often more or faster updated information! We assume that most young people use their own translator for their native language on a smartphone all over the world.

The winter semester will start on October 4, 2021, and is a mix of classroom and online teaching. further information

International Office
The attendance times in the International Office are usually Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. You are welcome to drop by spontaneously at 16-042! However, parttime-homeoffice, we recommend to make an appointment in advance. Just send us a short email with your preferred date and time and with the topic you want to talk about.

Due to the current call for contact minimization, we ask you primarily to use:

  • Email or telephone: +496782171843
  • Postbox in building 9924, upper floor (for documents you want to hand in)
  • Messenger & Internet telephony with the internal platform "Mattermost": (Login with your university ID!)
    You can search for (already registered) members of the university, see their availability (reachable, absent, offline), get in touch via chat and if needed make a call via 3b (BigBlueButton). [A safe internal alternative to some other applications ;) ]
  • and meeting by appointment!


International Students Office ISO @ UCB
The ISOoffers during lecture period - NOW until July 2021:
From students for students! Often the students can help each other best. So we offer platforms for you:
TUTORIALS | WEDNESDAY 2-4pm in room ISO:16-044
Question & Answer: Where do you need support? What are your questions? We are here to help you out! Come around! :)
EVENTS | WEDNESDAY from 4:15pm (THX to ALL volunteers - You're great!)
Meet & Mingle: You are invited! Meet international students & friends.

Take good care of yourself and others around!

back-to-top nach oben